Imagine being stationed abroad. You miss your friends and family, but you also miss those little things that remind you of home – the smell of the soap you used every day or those cookies you’d have every Sunday afternoon.
We need your help to collect little things that bring back big memories for our brave service members. From June 1 – 23 our local Red Cross offices are collecting specific items to be distributed to Afghanistan, Kuwait, and Djibouti. Care packages will be assembled and sent to our service members at these locations.
Items for collection include:
- Coffee (ground; bags or cans) *Full size canisters welcomed
- Coffee creamer/sugar/sweetener packets
- Cookies (no boxes)
- Crackers and cheese spreads (individual size)
- Keurig K-Cups (apple cider, coffee, hot chocolate, tea)
- Granola bars
- Rice Krispie treats
- Salty snacks (chips, nuts, pretzels, sunflower seeds)
- Slim Jims/jerky (beef, turkey)
- Stir sticks
HYGIENE ITEMS **
- Body wash
- Dental floss/toothpaste/toothbrushes
- Lysol wipes
- Shaving cream
** Individual, snack, or travel-size packages ONLY
Individual chapters are collecting other items specific to their locations in addition to those listed above. Contact Karen Jantzi or reach out to your local Red Cross office to learn more. Let’s spread some cheer to our military members this summer!